More on #50before50

This is probably a post for people who like lists!

Thank you to everyone who has made a suggestion for things I should do before I'm 50 - including books to read, music to listen to and films to watch. You are already enriching my life just by thinking about these things.

I'll give a wee progress report at the end of this blog post, but for now, here are items 11-25 on my list of 50 - the first ten items were announced previously in introducing #50before50.

11. A 50km cycle
This was suggested by a friend who has recently, very impressively, completed Land's End to John O'Groats. She suggests doing a 50km ride on my own in the countryside. This makes me nervous so I think I will commit to the distance and see how it goes! I will endeavour to cycle somewhere beautiful though, and to try and make at least some of the journey in countryside.

12. Blog about Quaker values/testimonies
- probably a post per theme: peace, truth, simplicity, equality, sustainability.

13. Go for a day and night away with Bruce somewhere of his choosing 
Again, this item was suggested by a friend. I wonder where he will suggest?!

14. Go on  a sea kayaking adventure

15. Knitting for a cause. 
This is adopted from a suggestion a Wellington friend made after reading my last blog post. She suggested learning an old style craft such as knitting, quilting or macrame. It put me in mind of knitting that Lewes friends were doing: knitting squares to be crocheted together to make blankets to welcome refugees. I'm going to do something along those lines I reckon.

16. Learn some Te Reo Māori
Learning 'some' is very non-specific. I guess I will find a beginners course and complete a certain number of lessons.

17. Learn to play a piano piece.

18. Letters for Amnesty International.
Do you think I could manage 50?

19. Refresh my wardrobe from charity shops or second hand stores.

20. Run 10km

21. Scuba dive

22. Ski

23. Stick to a vegan diet for a week

24. Visit a country I've not visited before
I fancy a Pacific Island - Fiji perhaps?

25. Go somewhere fabulous for afternoon tea.
(Not the same week as the vegan week!)


My lists, and lists within lists are not yet full. Please do recommend books, films, music and activities I really should try to fit into my next 18 months.

A quick progress report: I am closer to the splits (item 4 on the list), I have read another book, I have written my first hand-written letter to a friend (item 1 on the list) and as a family we watched one of the films: The Princess Bride - recommended by a Welsh friend. I love the fact that this project has given me an excuse to be in touch with friends around the world. Thank you for your interest. x

 

Comments